Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Saturday, January 30, 2010

PUG meeting

In grade school, I didn't care about learning. I was the girl towards the back of the classroom that was more interested in talking than listening to the teacher. I crammed the night before a test or project was due in order to get a good grade and went through the years without really appreciating the wealth of knowledge at my disposal.

In my continued journey to say "yes" this year, Tuesday night I went to a Pictage PUG meeting, for Atlanta photographers where special guest Mike Larson was speaking. Shari Zellers was kind enough to coordinate the whole thing.

I laughed at myself at the end of the night because I realized that I was sitting in the second row, as close to the front as I could get. I soaked up as much knowledge as I could and listened intently to every word. I wanted to learn.

I regret not focusing more in school. There is a part of me that wants to go back and get my Masters degree so that I can have the opportunity to do it right. Even though I swore when I graduated with my B.B.A I would never ever go back to school, never. Funny how things change.

For now, I am enjoying all the opportunities I have to learn more about photography and the business side of things. Mike's information was indispensable and I have already begun putting some of the things I learned into practice.

Here's to the continued journey of never learning enough!

1
I didn't have my camera, so Evelyn was kind enough to give me this image of Mike Larson.

1 comment:

  1. Hey kelly! I loved mikes talk! it was really inspiring! I don't think we got a chance to meet did we? I was on the left two rows back.

    ReplyDelete

 
KELLY LANE PHOTOGRAPHY | TNB